25 July 2010

Meaningful Conversations

On his 3rd birthday night while lying on my bed, I told him he's really a big guy now.
T: Don't make me another room, because I like sleeping in this bed.

-----

M: You know, I love you?
T: But you didn't pick me up at school today. Daddy took me there and you didn't pick me up.

-----

M: When you're a big guy, are you still going to let me kiss you?
T: No, because I'm going to kiss you.

-----

T: I want to drink water again.
M: No, because you might wee on the bed.
T: I won't! (with attitude tone)
M: I don't want you to use that tone to me.
T: *** rolled his eyes ***
M: Rolling eyes is not good either.
T: Sorry Mum. I won't use that tone anymore.

-----

I have a big guy now (celebrated his 3rd two weeks ago - no camcorder to record the occasion, just photos) who thinks like an adult. It's not easy because he thinks he is one of us so he does what we do.

*****

0 comments: