06 February 2011

Snippets of Conversation

Lately, the Tatapilla has really demonstrated maturity of an adult especially in conversations. An adult can carry a conversation with him like he's one already - well maybe if it's about area rug, then that would be out of the question.

I was eating toast for breakfast on the patio. I tossed the crust to the birds.

Tatapilla: Do you like the crust, Mum.

Me: No, I don’t.

Tatapilla: Me EITHER.

*****

We were going out and I asked him to find his hat. It was on my desk.

Tatapilla: Here is it. I was wondering where it was!

*****

The Tatapilla was singing in the bath “what are you thinking of” – from the air supply song.

Me: What are you singing?

Tatapilla: Michael Jackson song.

Me: No, it’s not. It’s air supply.

Tatapilla: What’s air supply?

Me: It’s a band.

Tatapila: What’s a band?

Me: A group of people playing music.

Tatapilla: and dancing, and MICHROPHONING.

*****

He was taken to school late that day so he had his morning tea at home. While he was still
eating, Daddy called that it’s time to go.

Tatapilla: I’m still eating. I can’t do two things at the same time.

*****

0 comments: